Gum disease which is also called gingivitis, is a popular condition caused by symptoms such as prolonged bad breathe, swelling gums, receding gums, loose teeth as well as bleeding gums. If it is left untreated, it can lead to periodontitis and cause further damage. The cause for this disease is poor oral hygiene which is the result of plaque form along the gum line, sometimes, under the gum line as well. Plague is formed when the bacteria is stuck to the margins between gum and the tooth. Moreover, smoking, genetic predisposition, hormonal changes, stress, diabetes, poor nutrition as well as some certain types of medicines also contribute to the problem.
The easiest way to follow in order to relieve pain and sore caused by gum disease is to wash your mouth with lukewarm water that is mixed with salt. Apart from that, there are many more natural home remedies that you may want to take a look at and give them a try to get rid of gum disease as soon as possible.
TEA TREE OIL
This essential oil possesses anti – inflammatory properties which can effectively soothe inflamed and irritated gums. It can significantly reduce bleeding and gingivitis.
- Put some drops of tea tree oil on your toothbrush
- Purchase a toothpaste with tea tree oil is recommended as well
- Use it frequently for a few weeks.
Note: Avoid swallowing the oil.
Thanks to its amazing anti – inflammatory as well as healing properties, aloe vera gel can be used effectively in treating gum disease. As it works as an antimicrobial, it may kill the bacteria which lead to gum disease. Also, it wards off not only bad breath, but it heals mouth ulcers as well.
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Massage your gums with that gel and let it sit for 30 minutes
- Rinse again with water
- Repeat the process for a few times a day.
- Swish some juice on the affected area for several times
- Or you can consume the aloe vera juice on a frequent basis.
Hydrogen peroxide contains powerful antibacterial as well as antiseptic properties which can effectively kill germs and exterminate gum disease. Ensure that you use the 3% percent hydrogen peroxide solution which particularly packed in brown bottles.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with water (equal ratio).
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth thoroughly for several seconds and then spit it
- Do this several times a week till you notice the improvement
- Mix some hydrogen peroxide and some baking soda to form a paste
- Place the paste on the toothbrush and brush over the affected area
- Spit and wash your mouth thoroughly.
- Repeat the process for several weeks.
- Apple a paste formed by mixing hydrogen peroxide with clove oil
- Let it sit in the affected area for several seconds
- Wash your mouth thoroughly with water again
- Repeat the process if you need it.
Note: Avoid using hydrogen peroxide too often and do not swallow.
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayuverdic technique which is very good at treating conditions associated to oral care. It can strengthen the gums, teeth, mitigate plaque as well as reduce bad breathe. It works excellent for overall health as well.
- Put some sesame oil in your affected area
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before it turns milky and becomes thinner
- Spit it out and wash your mouth thoroughly with warm water
- Repeat the process for once daily for several months.
Note: Avoid gargling or swallowing the oil.
Cranberry juice is excellent at helping people to fight off gum disease as well as infection thanks to its high amount of vitamin C. Otherwise, you can get rid of vaginal discharge here.
Consume one cup of cranberry juice once daily to prevent the symptoms of gum disease and stop bacteria from attacking your teeth.
Consume more vitamin C – containing fruits such as orange, pomelo and vegetables such as broccoli and red pepper. Apart from that, lemons, grapefruits, grapes and blueberries are highly recommended as well.
Myrrh is another effective way to treat gum disease and remain the appropriate oral hygiene since it possesses antibacterial, antiseptic as well as anti – inflammatory properties.
- Put a few drops of myrrh tincture in a glass of water
- Rinse your mouth with this solution
- Alternatively, add several drops of tincture to a salt water.
- Repeat the process for several times a day for a few days.
About The Author:- Jelly Jeff is a senior editor of AuthorityRemedies that a website which is specialized in providing natural home remedies, tips and also nutrition facts to improve the well-beings. She is a nurse but she keens to explore nutrition and fitness. In addition, she loves writing and doing research. She appreciates to be a good writer in nutrition.